Sunday, November 4, 2012


When I was 18, I found myself pregnant. Unmarried, and pregnant…A child myself, I was told to abort this child and chalk it up as a mistake, and don’t do it again….I wasn’t ready for a child….I was suppose to be going to college….having the time of MY life!

I was told that if I decided to keep this child, to go against their better judgment…that I would have to move out…I had NOWHERE to go…no money…nothing…

I was sick with grief….how could I let this happen? What had I done? The conclusion I came to was this….it wasn’t my unborn child’s fault that I screwed up my future plans for myself….he didn’t ask to come into this world…and although an abortion would have allowed me to move on with all of those glorious plans I had for myself, I couldn’t…

I couldn’t let some stranger in a sterile environment suck out …rip apart the child I was carrying from limb to limb….at that moment I realized I was this child’s mother…and with this realization, I knew that I would do everything in my power to protect and cherish him.

I have never ….NEVER regretted my decision…not once….and I am thankful to my God every day for my son….I am thankful that I don’t have to look at the 21 year olds walking down the street today and wonder, if that is what my child would have looked like….I am thankful every day that I don’t have the regrets or the hurt that so many other women and girls have after having an abortion….

I don’t judge anyone for the decisions that they have felt compelled to make…..but I am thankful that I felt compelled to keep my child….there has never been 1 second of regret.

He is my NON NEGOTIABLE…
Created with Wood Camera

No comments:

Post a Comment