Sunday, January 13, 2013

Yes, I know I am a little behind, but lets talk New Years resolutions!

I have learned so much this year about myself.....and naturally, like most, there are many things I want to change or work on.

But above all, I am going to make a point to stop and talk to my friends and family more.  I just recently lost a beautiful friend and fellow artist.... It has devastated me along with so many others...the worst part? I knew she wasn't feeling well, and I was going to stop and talk with her and became distracted with life.... I will never have the opportunity again...it's crushing, but most of all eye opening.

So this year, my resolution is to spend more time with my friends and family. To make sure they know I love and cherish each of them! So often we don't take the time to give that hug or to say those three little words....

I'm going to really work on my art again....finish some of the pieces I have laying around, homeless in my studio!

I want to do more for God, and try not to be such a constant disappointment! Something happened recently that hardened my heart a bit....how did He respond to me? By giving me a long ask for gift...that's my God! Give give give...and that's me...take take take! Like some sort of spoiled child! And yet He is ever loving and kind to me...even though I don't deserve it!   So, I'm most definitely going to work on that part of my life!

I'm going to install a filter on my mouth! I need to not say everything I'm thinking! This is a very bad trait and has cost me someone very dear in my life....and yes, it may simply require duct tape at times!

Last but not least, I'm going to be more thankful for all that God has given me! Abundance! I need to give more!

Know that I love and treasure you all my friends...even though I may not have taken the time to stop what I am doing to tell you.....I do treasure each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment